Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Fun and Target



Ben and Emma are tucked in with their teddies and puppies, granting me a moment of silence, an opportunity for contemplation which I can't wait to drink in. Hold on...I think I hear...yep, Ben has just dumped my moment all over the floor; his chant of "Da Ball, Da Ball," is careening down the stairs. I better check it out.

I'm back, and thankfully it was a quick trip with a simple resolution. Emma had two little soft balls in her crib and Ben had none, to which any parent of twins can attest, is a catastrophe. After giving one of the balls to Ben and threatening removal of all paraphernalia from the crib upon any further disturbance, the duo seemed content to settle in and take their chances with nightmares of choo choos and cats.

--------

I wrote the previous paragraphs last night. It's now nap time of the following afternoon, which is the 2nd most glorious time of the day (Right behind B and E's bedtime, of course).

It's been a busy day and Bemma (thanks to Larry Fisher for the abbreviated version of Benjemma) crashed pretty hard today. They started with a 40 minute ride in the jogging stroller, during which Emma lost her sunglasses, stole Ben's peanut butter bar, and discarded her flip flop onto the road; meanwhile Ben just asked to see more cows. Relative peace was maintained with the promise of playing at the 'Blue Park' upon completion of the run.

There are several parks in our world, and as Bemma's vocabulary increases, these parks are receiving names. So far we have the 'Yellow Park',which has big yellow slides,the 'Baseball Park', next to a baseball field, the 'Trail Park', you guessed it, next to a trail, and the previously mentioned 'Blue Park', which is predominantly blue. No real creativity, just cold hard observation.

The jaunt at the 'Blue Park' was short lived, however, as the morning was hotter and brighter than I'd anticipated. I'd yet to give them their sunscreen treatment, so we plodded on to Target.

Ah, Target. I do love me some Target, and that is not sarcasm. Target is the cheapest indoor play land known to man, at least this man. We frequent another indoor play land, which I love by the way, but they charge $4 per kid. That's $8 for Bemma, plus the cost of whatever coffee Mommy and Daddy are sipping. But at Target I march my little dumplings to the back of the store, and guide them up and down each toy aisle. Ben pushes every button his little digits can reach, and Emma pushes every one of Ben's buttons she can reach. We've been know to spend over an hour wandering the toy aisles. Do I get judgmental looks from other moms and Target workers? Probably, but I'm not even paying attention because not only are my kids being entertained for free while expending energy (the driving force of most activities I plan for them), but they are learning that we can go to the store, look at the toys, and then go home without having to buy something. Seriously, gotta love Target.

After target we played with water out front, took a bath, watched some Barney, ate some veggie nugs (our term for nuggets), sweet potato fries and melon, marched around the kitchen and then took the sweet climb to nap time.

It's been a good day. I mean, how could I not enjoy hanging out with these cuties on a nice summer day?

No comments:

Post a Comment